Saturday, December 14, 2013

We'll Have a White Christmas...Almost

Last year was our first Christmas with the girls and it was their first Christmas ever.  It was fun doing Christmas as a parent and teaching my girls what Christmas is all about.  They loved it!  Abby asked all year long to put up the Christmas tree and every time we see lights out side both girls shout "PRETTY!"  This year, however, is much much better.  They are understanding everything much better and are really getting into Christmas. :)

We went to see FROZEN a few days ago and they have been singing all the songs ever since.  Today the song "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" came up on the Abby Lily play list.  As they were singing I remembered one of my coworkers at the Child Development Center (where I worked all through college) had made a snow like sensory table.  All she did was cut open a diaper and add water!  So I looked at the girls and said "So, do you want to build a snowman?"  Both excitedly screamed "YES!"

While dinner was in the oven I prepared our "snow" and put it in the freezer so it was even cold like snow.  I tried to enlist Micah's help but the thought of the insides of a diaper made him woozey. (Muggy liked to get Lily's diapers out of the trash. The nastier the better. Poor Micah couldn't get that image out of his head)

The snow didn't pack as well as I would have liked to build our snow men but the girls loved it anyway!  
Here are their first snowmen. :)  



I have a video that I will post soon but I need faster internet for it to upload. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment