Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rise and....Shine?

I have decided that you are never more you than when you first wake up. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they wake up.  This morning I was observing my family and thinking about this.

Abby was the one that got me thinking about it...  She is such a vocal person and it starts from the very moment she wakes up! She stretches and moans (You know that morning moan?)  then not long after we hear her running (yes running) down the hall to the bathroom and then running back.  She wakes up with energy and a voice and goes to bed with energy and a voice!

Then there is Lily.  Lily is a "handle with care" type of person.  Not in the sense that she is fragile... she is by no means fragile!  It is more in the sense that you never know what mood she is in.  At one moment she could be happy go lucky then the next minute you look at her wrong and she is bawling then in the next minute she is biting or hitting somebody.  (No we don't let her get away with it :P)  She wakes up the same way!  You never know how she is going to be.  Most morning she wakes up happy and fine but there are some mornings that everything makes her cry, and then other mornings where she is just mad at the world.

This brings me to Micah and I... neither of us are morning people, but when Micah wakes up he is ready to talk!  I am not.  Sometimes I think he just waits for my eyes to open so he can tell me what he has read in his bible study or what he dreamed about or just what he has planned for that day.  This so reflects his personality.  He, like most of his family, likes to talk. :) This complements me well because I really don't.  Unless I really have something I need to say, I would rather just listen... except in the morning.  I saw a post (probably on Pinterest :P) one time that said something to the effect of it should be illegal to talk before 10:00am, all we should do is drink coffee and hug because mornings are really hard.  This is me!  Mornings are hard!

I know this really isn't biblical and there are probably studies and things that disprove me but I just thought it was a fun thought.  So, how do you wake up?  Does it reflect who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment