Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lily's First Haircut

I have been going back and forth about this for a few months now.  Lily doesn't really have much hair and what she does have is very very thin.  However, her hair tangled very easily because the ends were so dead. Her hair showed the effects of her very hard first year of life.  Abby's hair when she first came to us was bright orange from malnutrition.  Lily's hair didn't turn orange but it didn't start growing very much until she came to us.  It is finally long enough to start braiding and doing some fun things with but she still doesn't have very much.  This is where my dilemma was.... but I finally decided that in order for her hair to be healthy and grow we needed to get rid of the old dead stuff.  I didn't cut much but I was surprised at how much life it had after we got that dead stuff off!  I don't have a before and after picture for you (you probably couldn't see much difference anyway) but I do have a during....
She wouldn't smile because she was scared of being on the tall chairs. :P  

Afterward she came out to show everyone her "New Hair"  saying, "My hair's long!"  She reminds us daily how long her hair is and the only way I was going to touch her "Long hair" with my scissors was to tell her that we had to cut it so it would grow longer.  She seemed to be okay with that. :)  I just hope we are right! Someone that girly needs more hair! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment