Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Day At Church (and Some Abby Quotes)

We never have a dull day at church.  Micah and I decided almost a year ago that the girls were old enough to learn how to sit still in church.  Thankfully our church has a back row that is several feet behind the rest that is designated for families with small children.  The girls actually do very well.  Abby goes to her Sunday School class most weeks and as long as we don't forget their colors and stickers we are good.  I hope I don't run out of stickers soon... Lily can be found with them up and down her legs almost every Sunday. (I have yet to get a good picture of it.  It is a little disrespectful to take pictures during church.)  Since Micah is very involved at our church and is either playing guitar or running the sound board every Sunday we get there an hour early.  During this time I take the girls back into the nursery, creche, cry room, whatever you want to call it, to play and get their wiggles out before church.
Today the band was practicing Angels We Have Heard on High and Abby looked up at me and said "Mommy! Did you teach that to them?"  "No" I said.  Very puzzled she said "Well, then how do they knowed it?"  :)

After church we had decided to go out to pizza.  We found a place that is on the way home from church that is not only cheap but has a play area for the girls.  It really is a God send after wrangling them all through service.  They get to play and be noisy and I don't have to cook!  Today when I told Abby we were going to get pizza her eyes got real big and she said "Is that we're going out and eat?!"  Then jumping up and down she asks  "Can I play with the little broken toys?!?!""  It took me a while to stop laughing and answer yes.  It is true.  Most of the toys there are broken in some way or another. :P  We still like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment