Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mom Arms and Toothpaste

I didn't notice until just the other day but I have a case of awkward mom arms.  All day and even sometimes during the night a moms arms and hands are busy with something.  Whether it be holding a child, cleaning something up, or really anything else my arms are almost always busy.  At church a couple weeks ago my grandma was holding Melody and the big girls were in Sunday school. I had nothing to do but listen to the sermon. I realized quickly that I didn't know what to do with my arms.  Straight down to the side wasn't comfortable, hands folded seemed weird,  arm up on the pew was awkward too. That's when it hit me that I had awkward mom arms!  What do you do with them in that rare moment when there is nothing to do with them? I tell you what I did.  I grabbed Melody's milk cup and held it to "make sure it didn't leak". :p

Okay so since this post really didn't have any meaning other than just a slightly weird realization I thought I would add in a cleaning tip for you!  :)
Since we have returned to Cambodia we have been cleaning and fixing everything in our house to get it back to livable.  The door in the girls room had some scribbles of permanent marker from a previous owner and I had remembered seeing on Pinterest that toothpaste would take it off.  At first I thought it was a Pinterest flop. I was scrubbing and scrubbing and the marker was just barely coming so I decided to just cover it all in toothpaste and come back to it later plus really wasn't invested in spending too much time on this task because it wasn't needed to get our house back in working order.  To my amazement it barely took any scrubbing at all!  By the time I got all the toothpaste off the door the marker had come with it! So there you go.... Toothpaste for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment