Thursday, February 26, 2015

Is This Really My Life?

If you had asked me 5 years ago if I was going to home school my children I would have said no and not thought about it again.  For that matter if you had asked me if I was going to be a stay at home mom I would have also said no.    Not because I think it is wrong to stay at home or to home school, just because I had never thought about it.  My mom always worked and we went to public school. That is just how it was, so that's what I knew.  The funny thing is Micah had completely opposite answers for those questions.  If you asked him if his wife was going to stay home and home school the kids he would have said yes without another thought. That is how he was brought up.  So when we were dating and started talking about the future we decided that wherever God had us when we had kids would make our decision on me staying home and if our kids would be home schooled.


Well, life right now has us in a situation where I can stay with the girls and Abby is needing to start kindergarten.  She actually should have started in August but with her birth year mix up (a blog on that coming soon) we are a little behind.  So my plan is to get her caught up and finished with Kindergarten by Christmas.  Being new to home schooling I have been looking at different curriculum companies and trying to decide if I was just going to figure something out myself or invest in actual books.  The books I like the looks of are called Horizons.





The draw back is that it is $230.  That is not bad as far as workbooks go but still more than our budget allows.  So, I was wondering if anyone would like to help sponsor some of this cost.  It would be a huge help to me as a mother of three and I would be able to reuse it for all three girls as well as any new BYKOTA kids that need kindergarten. I am also open to suggestions and advice! I won't claim to know everything so please! Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment