Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don't Worry About A Thing

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7


I have never been too much of a worrier but I also don't think it is coincidence that I find myself singing Bob Marley and quoting Philippians 4:6-7 all the time.  Whenever I start to get anxious about a situation I just pray about it and find that peace that surpasses my understanding.  There have been several times in my life when I am worried about something or overwhelmed and God has showed me that peace. 

I have found myself worrying quite a bit lately and unable to find peace.  I have let people get in my head instead of God.  People that say I should be worried. People that judge me for not being worried.  People that are worried for me.  I have let them get to me.  I am done!  

Sure I have a lot to worry about.  Melody was born a month early.  I live in Cambodia where dirt and germs are everywhere.  I was sent home after 3 days in the hospital to take care of my baby that would probably still be in the hospital in America.  Melody is almost 4 weeks old and is still not gaining weight.  Strep throat is present at BYKOTA house.  I have to feed Melody breast milk and formula every two hours. I could keep going if I let myself!

With my lack of sleep it is very easy to find myself thinking about these things.  Thinking that I wish I was in America and that I could just lock Melody and I in a germ free room and never leave.  

Starting now though I choose, instead of worrying and "stewing" as my grandpa would say, to pray.  I choose to believe that "every little thing is gonna be alright."  God has everything under control.  There is nothing I can do to make Melody gain weight or to keep her from getting sick.  It is all in God's hands and I trust Him.  I trust that He will take care of my baby just like He takes care of everything else in the entire world.  My God, who created the world, who made me, who made Melody, who heals people every second, can take care of us.  All I have to do is trust him and let my request be made know to Him.

Please join me in praying for Melody.  As of right now she only weighs 4.8 pounds and hasn't gained any substantial weight since she was born.  Everything else is fine.  Her color is good, her muscle tone is good, she is more and more alert every day and she is eating better every day.  For some reason, though, she is just not gaining weight.  We go back to the doctor on Wednesday.  Please pray that she has gained weight by then.  Also, with the threat of strep throat going around, please pray for protection for my family.  Melody is too small to fight off sickness and with preschoolers in the house germs are just not easily contained. 

Thank you for your support and prayers for my family.  I can't tell you how much it means to us.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for Melody to thrive, and for your peace of mind. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete